Thanks so much to everyone for all your support and ideas and for so quickly growing this community – it’s been fantastic so far! This network is expanding so rapidly that I can no longer take complete charge of everything so it’s time to take some action!
I’ve come up with a list of volunteer assignments/positions and a small brief for each. The longest of these are for 3-6 months, so it is not a permanent, full-time commitment, but just a small way to become involved and help this network grow.
So please carefully consider each position; if there’s something that you would like to do and are passionate about, please just respond in the comment field with which position you would like to help out with. Please also send me an e-mail so I can give you the log-in details for the e-mail, blog, or Twitter as appropriate.
I’m really looking forward to working more closely with you!
Website Moderator/Curator –at least 5 positions
3 month commitment
I’d love our Resources area to grow and turn into separate pages on :
• Twitter peeps/groups to follow
• Blog roll of blogs of interest to New Professionals
• Any other topics people are interested in
I need at least 5 people to pick a topic each, and gather interesting links, information, presentations, etc… on their particular topic.
This is a three month assignment, which you may extend if you would like or you can pass it onto someone else to update. This page could be updated weekly or more regularly as you have time or inclination.
It’s really up to you to shape what information you would like to bring – I’m looking forward to seeing what gems you discover and share!
Round the World Blog Series – Facilitator
One week assignment starting Monday 11th March
The first group who would like to be profiled is the New Professionals Day group in Ireland which began sometime last year and had its first major event last week. You can find them on Twitter at @NPDIreland
You would be responsible for:
• Coming up with some questions to ask this group
• Posting guest blog posts from the group
• Responding to comments on this topic
• Sharing interesting information about the group such as profiling individuals, coming up with a list of peeps to follow on Twitter, sharing blog posts, Storifies, presentations, etc… generated by the group
This is a week-long assignment for this first group – if you would like to be this contact person, just stick your hand up and comment to let people know this position has been taken!
Twitter stars! 2-3 people
I know some of you are really active on Twitter – how would you like to also tweet from the @NewProfNZ account?
You would be involved in:
• Having conversations with other people on behalf of #NewProfNZ
• Sharing news and ideas from the blog
• Engaging with other groups
• Helping facilitate #NewProfNZ twitter chats
• Storifying #NewProfNZ twitter chats and linking to them from the blog
If you’re interested in helping out in this way, just put a comment below and e-mail me and I’ll give you the log-in details.
Facebook moderator(s) – up to 2-3 people
Are you interested in having a Facebook group or community? I’d like to start one up, but don’t have the time at the moment. If this is something you would really like to happen, just stick up your hand and set up a group page and moderate comments and conversation on it. There are some other new professionals group on Facebook, and it would be fantastic to interact and bounce ideas off one another in another forum.
Skype brainstorming session – Notetaker
1 meeting – Thursday, March 14, from 7:30PM onwards
As you know, we are holding our Skype session next Thursday, March 14, from 7:30PM. If you are one of those attending, how would you like to take notes?
• Identify major themes and ideas spoken about
• Write them in a short list or post (or do a Prezi, mind-map – whatever pushes your buttons)
• Share them on the blog for those who missed out
This is a one-time commitment for this meeting, and it would really help me focus on facilitating the conversation.
Just stick your hand up and let me know in the comments section.
Is there anything else you would like this network to do? Do you have another great idea and would be keen to put it into action? Just leave a comment below and feel free to take charge of this area and recruit some other people to help you out.
Thanks in advance 🙂